The Century Drama Club brings together students who share a passion for theatre while fostering an appreciation of the performing arts, and providing opportunities for artistic growth.
Our main goals are:
- To develop student self-efficacy, self-assurance, and self-confidence.
- To provide students with the opportunity to express themselves through the power of theatre.
- To encourage students to take creative risks, to think critically, and to be able to intelligently articulate the effectiveness of various artistic choices.
- To foster lifelong appreciation of the arts.
- To helps students grow socially, artistically, and to form lasting friendships with others.
- To empower students with leadership responsibility.
- To support and nurture each other in an inclusive community of respect and collaboration.
- To produce professional quality productions.
Drama Teacher & CHS Opening Knights Artistic Director
Lucas Hewitt, CHS Drama
Mr. Hewitt began his theatre career in Frederick, MD. He earned his first “professional” credits performing in numerous shows at Way Off Broadway Dinner Theater. He graduated from Marymount Manhattan College where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in Theatre with a concentration in performance. During his time there he also spent a semester abroad in London, studying classical acting at Richmond University. Mr. Hewitt lived in NYC practicing theatre for the next three years. In fact, he wrote a play called “Sensory” which debuted at the Manhattan Repertory Theater. Mr. Hewitt received his Master of Arts in Leadership in Teaching from Notre Dame of Maryland University. He is certified in Secondary Theatre, English, and Math. Mr. Hewitt started teaching at Century in 2010 and is the Drama Club director/advisor and the Troupe Director of the CHS International Thespian Society.