Download the Production Packet HERE!
For the audition, students will prepare something similar to what they would like to do in the performance. Students can do ONE or TWO of the following…
- Write a monologue, scene or poem for submission for performance by a peer (if you want to be a writer ONLY)
- Perform a monologue (if you wish to perform a monologue or scene, you must present a monologue)
- Sing a song
- Perform a spoken word poem
- Perform a 30 second dance
- Submit a picture of a piece of art you created
You will complete an audition form and upload a video and/or file.
DUE DATE FOR AUDITION SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th before midnight
Students should prepare and present a memorized age-appropriate monologue no less than 30 seconds in length. It does NOT have to be a self-written monologue. You can write your own OR find one online. The monologue must not be from a movie (unless it is from a recording of a staged performance). Your goal is to show levels of emotion/intensity and to honestly and dynamically “tell the story” of your piece.
You should begin your recording with a SLATE:
- Introduction—Hello, Good Evening, etc.
- State your Full Name
- Say “I will be performing a (monologue/song/poem etc.) titled (title of piece), written by (author), playing the role of (character name).
- Then bow your head, pause to get into character, bring your head up in character and perform your piece.
- After you finish, hold the last beat of your piece for a second, then bow your head to indicate the end. Bring your head back up and say “Thank You.”
- End Recording
- EXAMPLE: “Hello, my name is Lucas Hewitt and I will be performing a monologue from “The Odd Couple” written by Neil Simon, and I will portraying the role of Oscar.”
- Feel free to alter syntax and diction (word choice) as desired.
To access the Audition Form, you must use your CCPS email address. The link to the form is here:
Remember to submit prior to midnight on September 18, 2020.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact Mr. Hewitt at email@example.com
ALL STUDENTS WHO AUDITION WILL BE CAST IN THE SHOW. NO ONE WILL BE CUT.
Actors will be cast to perform ONE piece.
In addition to acting, students can participate by….
- Writing material for others to perform
- Writing their own material and performing it
- Applying for a leadership position or Tech Position
- Production Stage Manager
- Student Director
- Video Editor
REHEARSALS (ALL VIRTUAL):
September 21st to November 5th
Each student will select his or her rehearsal time through a google calendar. Students should expect 1-4 hours of rehearsal per week. One hour of synchronous rehearsal and 1-3 hours of asynchronous rehearsal. All rehearsals will take place between 3pm to 5pm.
- Mr. Hewitt will guide everyone through the creative process during the creation period of the material.
- Once material has been created, students will rehearse one on one with Mr. and/or Mrs. Hewitt for each act to provide guidance, coaching, and direction. Writers will be able to revise work throughout the process. (Student production leaders will also be present for rehearsals)
- Students will then rehearse on their own for a short while.
- Additional one on one rehearsals will continue throughout the rehearsal period.
- Students will then record their final presentation and submit it to Mr. Hewitt for approval.